Industrial Insulation Resource Library
The Source is where we house the latest Insulation Intel on industry trends, insights, and continuing education opportunities. This is a resource built specifically to aid you in your professional development. Explore our webinars, compare specs, and follow our blog all right here at The Source.
Visit The Source for:
Our Industrial Insulation blog is the go-to source of news and information for installers, contractors, designers and distributors of industrial insulation.
Industrial Insulation Intel Blog
Johns Manville—Our Record Supports Our Commitment to Sustainability
Weather the Storm: Insulation Tips for a Faster Restart
Insulation is an Investment and an Asset
When Disaster Strikes: Insulation Disaster Recovery
Why a Predictable Cold Snap Crippled the Texas Power Grid
Economic Thickness Tables - Update in Progress, Please Contact Us
Heat Transfer Tables - Update in Progress, Please Contact Us
Personnel Protection Tables - Update in Progress, Please Contact Us
Insulation Thickness Comparison Table - Update in Progress, Please Contact Us
Guide Specification MinWool-1200 Industrial Board
Guide Specification MinWool-1200 Pipe
Guide Specification Thermo-1200
Metal and Foam Product Selection Guide
Metal Jacketing Product Selection Guide
MinWool-1200 Stretch Outs For Jacketing
Polyfilm Moisture Barrier Fact Sheet
Sproule WR-1200 Stretch Outs For Jacketing
Thermo-1200 Curved Segments FAQ
Metal Corrosion Under Thermal Insulation
Compressive Strength of High Temperature Thermal Insulation
Diesel Generator Exhaust Insulation Insulation Selection
Industrial Insulation Hygiene Fact Sheet
Non Combustible Thermal Insulation
R-Values of Industrial Insulation Products
Stress Corrosion Cracking of Austenitic Stainless Steel
Super FireTemp Board for Fire Protection of Pipe and Tanks
Thermal Performance of Insulation Coatings and Traditional Insulation
Third-Party Long-Term Testing: CUI & Thermal Results
- Thermo-1200®: Water resistant, type I calcium silicate insulation with XOX Corrosion Inhibitor® (Service Temp: up to 1200°F)
- Super Caltemp® Gold 1700: Type II calcium silicate insulation (Service Temp: up to 1700°F)
- Super Firetemp® L: 20 PFC, type II calcium silicate insulation for structural fire protection (Service temp: up to 1800°F)
- Super Firetemp® M: 28 PFC, type II calcium silicate insulation for structural fire protection (Service temp: up to 1800°F)
- Super Firetemp® H: 35 PFC, type II calcium silicate insulation for structural fire protection (Service temp: up to 1700°F)
- Super Firetemp® X: 40 PFC, type II calcium silicate insulation for structural fire protection (Service temp: up to 1700°F)
- Super Firetemp® S: 55 PFC, type II calcium silicate insulation for structural fire protection (Service temp: up to 1700°F)
- Sproule WR-1200®: Pre-formed, hydrophobic, expanded perlite insulation with XOX Corrosion Inhibitor (Service temp: up to 1200°F)
- MinWool-1200® Pipe: Preformed, mandrel wound mineral wool pipe insulation (Service temp: up to 1200°F)
- Minwool-1200® Preformed Pipe Insulation: Factory v-grooved, preformed mineral wool pipe insulation (Service Temp: up to 1200°F)
- Minwool-1200® Field-formed Pipe Insulation: Mineral wool pipe insulation with adhesive coated v-grooves – ships flat, formed on site (Service Temp: up to 1200°F)
- MinWool-1200® Precision Cut Pipe Insulation: V-grooved mineral wool insulation manufactured to specific pipe or vessel sizes (Service Temp: up to 1200°F)
- MinWool-1200® Pipe and Tank Wrap: Continuous mineral wool pipe and tank wrap insulation (Service Temp: up to 1200°F)
- MinWool-1200® Lamella Tank Wrap: Firm, flexible, lightweight, cut and rotated mineral wool pipe and tank wrap (Service Temp: up to 1200°F)
- MinWool-1200® Industrial Board: Rigid mineral wool board insulation (Service Temp: up to 1200°F)
- MinWool-1200® Flexible Batt: Flexible batt mineral wool insulation (Service Temp: up to 1200°F)
- TRYMER® PIR: Closed-cell, foam insulation for industrial pipes, vessels, and equipment. Service temp: -297°F to 300°F (-183°C to 148°C)
- TRYMER® 25-50 PIR: Offers the same, great thermal performance of TRYMER PIR but with a lower flame/smoke rating that meets the ASTM 84 25/50 Fire Hazard Classification Rating at thicknesses up to 1.5"
- TRYMER® Core PIR: Used as core materials for composite products and panel applications and is produced as bunstock in different densities and strengths for a broad range of applications
- TRYMER® Supercel Phenolic: Closed-cell rigid phenolic foam insulation, supplied in the form of large buns for fabrication into pipe shells, curved segments, sheets, tank and vessel coverings, and other shapes for a variety of thermal insulation applications. Meets ASTM 84 25/50 Fire Hazard Classification Rating at thicknesses up to 3"
Extruded Polystyrene Billet
- DuPont™ Styrofoam™ Brand Extruded Polystyrene Pipe Insulation Billet (XPS PIB): Rigid, closed-cell foam that is used in demanding refrigeration applications
- Aluminum Roll Jacketing: Premier protective outer surface for mechanical insulation systems
- Stainless Steel Roll Jacketing: Manufactured from T-304 and T-316 prime grade stainless steels, alloys comply with ASTM-A240
- Painted Aluminum Roll Jacketing: Has a factory-applied, baked-on finish of highly durable hard film acrylic or polyester paint on the exterior surface
- Muffl-Jac®: Sound barrier jacketing used with both fibrous and closed-cell insulation materials as a path control form of acoustic treatment
- Aluminum Deep Corrugated Sheets: Available in two nominal corrugation profiles, with bare or painted exterior surface, and in smooth or stucco embossed surface finishes
- Stainless Steel Deep Corrugated Sheets: Corrugated Stainless Steel sheets specifically designed for weather-proofing insulated equipment, towers, vertical tanks, and vessels with outside diameters of 8' or more.
- Ell-Jacs™ Plus: Polyfilm-lined aluminum elbow covers made in two, precision-formed, matching halves to cover and weatherproof insulated° and 45° and 95° pipe elbows
- Multi-Fit Aluminum Elbow Covers: Designed to fit over 90° insulation elbows with a specific outer diameter, regardless of pipe size, use of long or short radius pipe elbows, or insulation thickness
- Stainless Steel Elbow Covers: Made in two, precision-formed matching halves and are sized to cover insulated 90° and 45° elbows along pipelines
- Box Rib Aluminum Jacketing: Designed with 1" high ribs on 4" centers, engineered for maximum structural stiffness
- Galvalume®: Roll jacketing manufactured from low carbon cold rolled steel with a continuous hot dipped aluminum-zinc alloy coating
- Strapping & Seals: Aluminum and stainless steel strapping, butt straps, and wing seals
- Springs: Stainless steel expansion springs and compression springs made from high-quality metal alloys
- Saranex® CX Vapor Retarder Film: Vapor-retarder film with a perm rating of 0.02 or 0.01 and an ASTM E84 flame spread/smoke developed rating of 25/50, appropriate for exposed use
- Saranex® CX Vapor Retarder Tape: Composed of Saranex CX Vapor Retarder film, coated with an acrylic adhesive for effective and long lasting adhesion
- Calbond Gold: Silicate based glue for porous insulating materials.
- CalCoat-127: Calcium silicate-based finish that helps fill cracks and seams in high temperature insulations to ensure optimal thermal performance.
- Super Calstik: High-temp silicate based glue.
- Mass Loaded Viny: JM's Mass Loaded Vinyl Noise Barrier is a flexible, non-reinforced mass loaded vinyl that resists the passage of sound waves and reduces the transmission of airborne noise.
The SmartBinder app gives you instant access to the latest technical information for JM products: data sheets, SDS’s, installation manuals, and more. SmartBinder is available from the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store, and as a desktop web application for users who need access from a computer.
This tool helps the user identify appropriate industrial insulation options for their application using a star rating system for specific attributes.
Trying to decide how much insulation you need? The latest release of the Johns Manville NAIMA 3E Plus® Tool is here to help. This free calculator will help you determine how thick your insulation needs to be to achieve the performance you want.
The JM NAIMA 3E Plus calculator contains insulation specification information based on ASTM requirements, and it allows you to customize your calculations with the unique variables and characteristics of your mechanical or industrial application. Additionally, the Johns Manville NAIMA 3E Plus Tool contains product specification information JM’s entire Mechanical and Industrial product portfolios.
NOTE: If you have already downloaded NAIMA 3E Plus, use THESE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS to ensure your program settings aren’t lost when you download the latest version of the tool.
Request a Technical Presentation:
Johns Manville Industrial Insulation Group offers customized presentations to help you stay up to date on the latest market trends and enhance your knowledge of JM products.