At Johns Manville, we’re proud of the fact that many of our products contribute to creating environments that are energy efficient, comfortable, safe and healthy. Our sustainability commitment extends well beyond the products we manufacture and the solutions we provide. We believe economic, social and environmental dimensions play equally important roles. It’s why our sustainability goals are focused on reducing our environmental footprint as well as doing the right things on the social and economic fronts.
JM Sustainability Goals
- Energy: Implement projects that result in a 5 percent improvement in energy efficiency by 2020
- Water: Complete a vulnerability assessment of local water sources for all plants by 2020
- Health and Wellness: Continue supporting employee health and wellness by improving upon the 50 percent of employees that participated in biometric screenings, and expanding current wellness programs to include an additional focus on mental health.
- Safety: Continue to improve performance against our ongoing vision of zero workplace injuries by reducing the three-year rolling average number of yearly injuries by 30 percent by 2020, as well as the three-year rolling Lost Time Injury Rate (LTIR) by 30 percent by 2020
- Solid Waste: Achieve a 10 percent waste intensity reduction by 2020
- Environmental Management Systems: Implement JM’s ISO 14001 environmental management system in all North American and European plants by 2020
- Employee Development: Increase emphasis on employee development by delivering a 5 percent increase in employee training hours and ensuring all salaried employees have documented development plans by 2020
- Community Investment and Volunteerism: Increase employee volunteerism by 20 percent by 2020
JM Sustainability Council
The Johns Manville Sustainability Council is in place to provide leadership that ensures we create and execute an integrated sustainability strategy. The council is made up of the following key business leaders:
- Bruce Ray, Associate General Counsel, Government & Regulatory Affairs
- Cynthia Ryan, Senior Vice President & General Counsel
- Tim Swales, Vice President of R&D and Chief Sustainability Officer
- Robert Wamboldt, President, Insulation Systems