Environmental, Health and Safety Management System
Johns Manville has a robust Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Management System. Setting the tone and foundation of our management system are two critical JM Policies: The EHS Policy and Life Critical Activity Policy.
The combination of these polices and associated procedures requires an understanding and action on the following from our employees, contractors/vendors and visitors including:
- Supporting JM’s commitment to legal compliance, continual improvement practices, and prevention of pollution.
- Preventing injuries and damage to the environment.
- Reporting any risks observed that may cause an unsafe condition or impact the environment.
- Abiding by life critical activity control procedures for Control of Hazardous Energy, Confined Space Entry, Working at Heights/Fall Protection, Electrical Safety, Mobile Equipment and ensuring no one is working while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Wearing appropriate PPE in your work/visiting area• Understanding that each employee, contractor, or visitor is responsible for safety.
- Supporting the ISO 14001 certified environmental management system.
For more information on specific EHS processes, please reach out to your JM EHS representative or plant manager at your location.