Design Professional Services
Meet the team:
Southeast Territory - Specifier Services Representative
Dwight has had a successful career as project manager and specification consultant for architectural firms since 1997. He completed his NCARB requirements in 2004. He holds an MBA from the University of Colorado and is a national member of CSI and RCI.
Central Midwest/South Territory - Specifier Services Representative
Carly has a bachelor of science degree in civil and environmental engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She has worked in the construction industry since 2015, previously having worked for a general contractor. Carly holds national memberships in CSI and RCI and is a LEED Green Associate.
Northeast/E. Canada Territory - Specifier Services Representative
Joel has a MS in mechanical engineering from Arizona State University and brings with him extensive experience with energy efficiency for commercial buildings. He is a national member of AEE, ASHRAE, CSI and RCI.
Western Territory - Specifier Services Representative
Brandon holds a Bachelor of Architecture degree from Colorado University. He has worked in the design/construction industry since 2011, where he operated a Façade Access Consultant. Brandon currently holds national memberships in CSI and RCI.
WHO WE ARE
To provide individualized assistance and information to your design, engineering and architectural teams in order to ensure that you use the optimal JM roofing system and products that meet the specific needs of the project and installation conditions.
We are here to provide informational support for any member of your design team. We can serve as a consultative resource at any stage of the process, providing answers for your product-related questions.
Our Better Understanding of Roofing Systems Institute offers classroom and demonstrations to the design community. We offer four in-person courses each year that takes place in Littleton, Colo. as well as BURSI Roadshows around the US. Contact your local sales representative for more information on attending!
2019 Colorado BURSI Courses:
October 6 - 8
November 3 - 5
Staying Up-to-Date with Low-Slope Roofing Trends, Standards and Innovations
- Review the benefits of the different roofing solutions available while gaining an understanding of the trends in the market for each and how they could impact your system selection.
- Explain ASCE 7, minimum design loads for buildings and other structures. How this standard has changed with the release of ASCE 7-16 and how roof design is impacted.
- Identify FM’s Very Severe Hail rating, where and why this is critical for roof design and how to identify roofing systems that meet this rating.
- Come up to speed on the most recent best practices and innovations for low-slope roofing. Understand how these are changing the design and installation of these systems.
How Multi-ply Membrane Systems Give Your Roof Extra Protection
1.Review the history of modified bituminous roofing membranes, including how and why they came to be, focusing on market conditions and raw material availability and performance.
2.Explain the four SBS system application methods and two APP system application methods and how a facilities location, project timeframe and site conditions could impact which method best fits your project.
3.Gain an understanding of the physical performance of these roofing membranes, what drives that performance and the various choices available that differentiate the available products in the roofing system family.
4.Match project design criteria, membrane options, application options and long-term performance to provide multiple solution offerings to your building owners and communicate the differences between these good, better or best type offerings.
ROOF INSULATION AND COVER BOARD
- Gain a better understanding of both high-density and low-density roofing insulation.
- Review thermal resistance design along with dew point calculation.
- Complete a comparative analysis of all primary low-slope roofing insulations and coverboards.
- Describe tapered insulation and system design.
SINGLE PLY SYSTEMS
- Explain the different material types, properties and characteristics of TPO, PVC and EPDM roofing membranes.
- Describe the different system applications and performance characteristics.
- Identify the flashing designs for the different roof assemblies available.
- Explore how to match system and installation methods when considering which system would best fit your design criteria.
ROOFING SYSTEM SELECTION AND DESIGN
- Describe the criteria that plays a role in defining the proper roofing systems for client and site requirements.
- Recognize the right questions of clients to design the right roofing solution for their client and site requirements.
- Locate the correct resources, calculations and codes in order to design the proper roofing systems for client and site requirements.
- Communicate the reasons why certain systems are selected for certain reasons to clients.
- Explain the different types of roofing insulation with their merits and installation methods.