Design Professional Services
WHO WE ARE
To provide individualized assistance and information to your design, engineering and architectural teams in order to ensure that you use the optimal JM roofing system and products that meet the specific needs of the project and installation conditions.
We are here to provide informational support for any member of your design team. We can serve as a consultative resource at any stage of the process, providing answers for your product-related questions.
Meet the team:
West Territory - Specifier Services Representative
Carly has a bachelor of science degree in civil and environmental engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She has worked in the construction industry since 2015, previously having worked for a general contractor. Carly is CDT certified, holds national memberships in CSI and IIBEC and is a LEED Green Associate.
Northeast/E. Canada Territory - Specifier Services Representative
Joel has a MS in mechanical engineering from Arizona State University and brings with him extensive experience with energy efficiency for commercial buildings. He is a national member of AEE, ASHRAE, CSI and IIBEC.
Southeast Territory - Specifier Services Representative
Brandon holds a Bachelor of Architecture degree from Colorado University. He has worked in the design/construction industry since 2011, where he operated a Façade Access Consultant. Brandon currently holds national memberships in CSI and IIBEC.
Central Midwest/South Territory Territory
We offer customizable education programs that are certified by American Institute of Architects (AIA). We offer anything from one-hour “Lunch and Learns” to a 10-hour, multiple-day seminar. Our program is known as (BURSI) Better Understanding of Roofing Systems Institute. Please contact your local sales representative for more information on upcoming BURSI dates or visit our calendar to see the next educational seminar is in your area.
when the membrane stops: expansion joint covers and edge metal solutions
- Identify roofing accessories and how they can affect the longevity and durability of your roof system.
- Describe the different expansion joint types and what is best for your roof system.
- Discuss differential building movement and how to correctly compensate.
- Explain the importance of edge metal systems: what works, what doesn’t and how to tell the difference.
Use It or Lose It—Re-roof or Re-cover of Existing Roof Systems
- Evaluate an existing roof to determine long-term solutions: re-cover, replacement or coating.
- Explain the effects a re-cover or replacement decision will have on your existing system.
- Explain requirements to meet building code and manufacturers’ requirements.
- Compare different membrane and insulation product types for advantages and disadvantages.
ROOF INSULATION AND COVER BOARDS
- Gain a better understanding of both high-density and low-density roofing insulation.
- Review thermal resistance design along with dew point calculation.
- Complete a comparative analysis of all primary low-slope roofing insulations and coverboards.
- Describe tapered insulation and system design.
SINGLE PLY SYSTEMS
- Explain the different material types, properties and characteristics of TPO, PVC and EPDM roofing membranes.
- Describe the different system applications and performance characteristics.
- Identify the flashing designs for the different roof assemblies available.
- Explore how to match system and installation methods when considering which system would best fit your design criteria.
ROOFING SYSTEM SELECTION AND DESIGN
- Describe the criteria that plays a role in defining the proper roofing systems for client and site requirements.
- Recognize the right questions of clients to design the right roofing solution for their client and site requirements.
- Locate the correct resources, calculations and codes in order to design the proper roofing systems for client and site requirements.
- Communicate the reasons why certain systems are selected for certain reasons to clients.
- Explain the different types of roofing insulation with their merits and installation methods.