It’s that time of year again – time for a quick recap of our most popular blogs in 2018. We talked about everything from poly-iso foam to new industry construction standards. Take a look at our top 5 most popular blogs from 2018.
5. Interview with Craig Drumheller: Insights to Buried Ducts in Attics:We sat down with Craig Drumheller, from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) to discuss his role in recent changes to the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) regarding insulating buried ducts in attics. Read more about the change Craig proposed and how it will influence how we insulate buried ducts in attics.
4. JM’s New R-12 Duct Insulation Portfolio: JM is the only insulation manufacturer to offer a complete portfolio of R-12 duct insulation, including flexible duct liner and duct wrap. This article dives into the details you need to know about each of our R-12 offerings.
3. Poly-iso Foam vs. Fiberglass for Rooftop Ducts: Our third most popular article this year details the crucial differences between using poly-iso foam and fiberglass for insulating rooftop ducts. Take a detailed look at the differences between the two products that you should know before making a material selection.
2. 2018 Construction Industry Outlook: At the start of 2018, we polled the experts to put together an industry outlook for the upcoming year. Here’s what was forecasted in 2018 – see how close the experts were to reality.
1. R-12: The New Duct Insulation Standard: We are in the midst of a cultural shift toward more energy-efficient and sustainable living, and part of this shift is reflected in changing and evolving building codes. In 2015, the IECC released a new code requiring R-12 insulation in ducts in external and unconditioned spaces. Read more about the code requirements and the materials available to meet this new standard.