Tile Backer Board
An innovative tile backer board from Johns Manville, GoBoard® is ultra-lightweight, waterproof, durable, easy to cut, and simple to install. Since only board joints and fastener locations need to be sealed, built-in waterproofing eliminates extra steps to make shower installations easy. Plus, GoBoard® is up to 80% lighter than traditional boards. It’s engineered and tested for strength and durability, yet it can be cut right where it’s installed using a utility knife.
DIYer or seasoned pro? Contact us for assistance.
Other Building Products
GoBoard Tile Backer
GoBoard® is the durable, ultra-lightweight, waterproof tile backer board from Johns Manville.
- Fast Installation: Complete shower tile projects in half the time or less. Install GoBoard with GoBoard Sealant, take a break and tile the same day. Grout the next day and the project is done*.
- Ultra-Lightweight: Even though it’s much lighter weight than cement and other heavy boards, GoBoard is engineered to be dependable, and it can be installed in residential and light commercial tile applications.
- Easy To Cut, Handle & Install: GoBoard can be quickly cut right where it’s installed with a basic utility knife—without crumbling or disintegrating. It’s also much easier to handle than cement and other heavy boards.
- Waterproof Built-In: GoBoard saves time and money because you seal only the board joints and fastener locations for a waterproof tile assembly**.
* A typical shower project, waterproof installation, following manufacturer's installation.
** Board joints and fastener locations require a waterproof sealant per GoBoard installation instructions.
GoBoard is available in the following thicknesses:
- ¼" for floors and countertops (3'x5' and 4'x8' sheets)
- ½" and ⅝" for walls, showers, ceilings and floors (⅝" in 4'x8' sheets)
- 1", 1½" and 2" for walls, benches, shelves, tub surrounds, vanities and countertops (4'x8' sheets)
*Availability varies by retailer.