As Warren Buffett said- “Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
This quote is a great metaphor for what we are doing at our new project in Hillsboro, Texas. We have built a new manufacturing facility that will yield the benefits of more readily available product in shorter delivery times. We can hardly wait to turn on the machines and start shipping newly manufactured product to our customers.
- Mechanical install of the production line is complete
- Expected occupany in October, 2021
- Electrical install is to be completed in November, 2021
- Warehouse completion scheduled for November, 2021
Recruiting for our warehouse team started during the middle of September, 2021. We have received several applications for these positions - and are starting to build our team. We have also been actively recruiting for our maintenance department.
- Several hourly positions have been filled in maintenance and in our warehouse department.
- New job postings were posted this month for Team Lead, Warehouse Coordinator, and Production Supervisor.
- Hourly Roles for Production, and Quality Techs to be posted next.
- Our first onboarding/orientation for some of our hourly positions is to be set for the middle of October.
Meet Our New Team Members:
Johns Manville is excited to welcome its newest Team Members
to the Hillsboro Team.
Melissa comes to JM from PepsiCo and will be the plant EH&S Specialist, she brings to the team lots of knowledge and expertise.
Human Resources Representative
Susana comes to JM from Tractor Supply DC, where she was the HR Coordinator. She will be the HR Representative; she brings new ideas and new perspectives on recruiting strategies.
Dominick has been with JM since 2017 as a Process Engineer in our Scottsboro, AL Plant and was promoted to Plant Engineer in 2019.
Brad joined JM in 1999 and has held various positions at our plant in McPherson, KS. He has been located at our Cleburne, TX distribution center since 2014 as Warehouse Supervisor and DC Manager in Grand Prairie since 2016.
Ray Mohaimani (not pictured):
Ray will be joining our JM family this month, as our Process Engineer. Ray brings five years of Process Engineering and Operations Leadership along with a strong background in Chemical Engineering.
We are looking forward to serving our customers very soon. We have some thrilling things scheduled for the next couple of months as we get closer to opening our facility:
- Production line commissioning will begin November, 2021
- We are planning to start shipping from the Hillsboro, TX, distribution center the first week of December, 2021
- Ramp up for Production is scheduled for the 1st Quarter of 2022.