At Johns Manville, we’re proud of the fact that many of our products contribute to creating environments that are energy efficient, comfortable, safe and healthy. Our sustainability commitment extends well beyond the products we manufacture and the solutions we provide. We believe economic, social and environmental dimensions play equally important roles. It’s why our sustainability goals are focused on reducing our environmental footprint as well as doing the right things on the social and economic fronts.
- Reduce the energy and carbon intensity of our operations.
- Implement long-term recycled materials targets.
- Reduce CMRs (carcinogens, mutagens and reproductive toxins) in finished products.
- Reduce solid-waste intensity.
- Implement long-term life-cycle assessment programs on all major product lines.
- Create a baseline and assess water usage and discharge.
- Use social sustainability metrics and targets to drive improvement.
JM has a Sustainability Council in place to provide leadership that ensures we create and execute an integrated sustainability strategy. The council is made up of the following key business leaders:
- Mike Benedict, Vice President, Global Supply Chain
- Rhett Butler, Operations Leader, Insulation Systems
- Enno Henze, Senior Vice President/GM, Engineered Products Europe/Asia
- Mike Lawrence, Senior Vice President/GM, Engineered Products Americas
- Bruce Ray, Associate General Counsel, Government & Regulatory Affairs
- Cynthia Ryan, Senior Vice President & General Counsel
- Fred Stephan, Senior Vice President/GM, Insulation Systems
- Tim Swales, Vice President of R&D and Chief Sustainability Officer
- Robert Wamboldt, Senior Vice President/GM, Roofing Systems